Thursday, May 08, 2003

I'm always throwing around the term "neoconservative," and I'm pretty sure I've given some tidbits as to what I think neoconservativism is about. Here's one view of what neoconservative thought entails.

While we're at it, a view on the Project for the New American Century, which I've mentioned several times before.

Like the guy who did the PNAC writeup, I ask, why the fuck does PNAC get so little attention? Oh yeah, because people in this country are ignorant, and the media doesn't do shit to help change that fact. What's scary is that even educated, well-informed people don't know a lot of what's going on. Take Paul Wolfowitz, arguably the chief architect of our foreign policy. Lots of people, including myself, didn't know who the fuck this guy was up until a couple of months ago. I'm sure I'd heard of him, but had no clue as to how far-reaching his influence was. The same can be said for a lot of other things that are shaping our future, or lack thereof, but we don't know anything about it until its too late.

No comments: