Wednesday, July 30, 2003

It's a shame no one could have predicted that people would be unhappy with us fucking around in Iraq. It's also good to see that killing Uday and Qusay helped calm people's nerves over there.

I don't know, I guess I should stop bitching about this, but I can't help it. What's done is done, though. I didn't think we had any business over there in the first place, but that is long since irrelevant. Furthermore, I am by no means advocating us just pulling out of there. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice but to stay there. For how long, who knows. And I don't even want to imagine how bad it might get with us there, but it beats the alternative of abandoning yet another country we said we'd "help," leaving a massive power vacuum that most likely would end up even worse than if we had stayed there. Most likely.

Even though there's no changing what's already done, I just wish we could finally learn from this and maybe think twice before we do this pre-emptive strike bullshit again.

No comments: