Thursday, August 21, 2003

So a friend of mine and I were talking about modding the original Gameboy Advance to add a frontlight to it, like the GBA SP. Yeah, I'm sure people thought of this over two years ago before the original GBA came out, but although I dabble in video games, I'm by no means a hard-core gamer, and therefore a little behind on shit.

Anyway, I figured someone had come up with the idea years ago, and sure enough, it looks like there are solutions out there. Apparently, there is also another kit which doesn't require soldering, but can't match the performance of the Afterburner. That's fine; the 'no soldering' part didn't sound like much fun, anyway.

Now I can have the best of both worlds; a frontlit GBA like the SP, but without the shitty design of the SP.

No comments: