Friday, September 05, 2003

Way to go, Bush Administration. You see, this is why you don't spend a bunch of time calling down everyone's ass, because it makes it a lot more difficult when you have to turn around and kiss all those asses.

You know, as much as I hate the administration, I've always had a begrudging respect for them. Even if I disagree with someone, I can respect them if they're intelligent, well organized, and can get shit done. This quagmire in Iraq really has me doubting the few points that I gave the administration. After all, wasn't the idea to set up a pro-US, pro-Israel government in Iraq? That isn't looking horribly promising, now that Iraq actually is a breeding ground for terrorism. The Bush administration is just like a spoiled child: it wants to have its way without having to wait or do anything on its own. It really does seem like they expected Saddam to go away, and magically Iraq would be re-born as if it had been struck by the Genesis Device. And, if you saw Star Trek III, thus having caught that reference, well, you know how the Genesis Planet ends up.

I got to thinking, and maybe the Administration's goals are even more abstruse than I thought. Maybe getting rid of Saddam was just supposed to be a short-term fix for something, and they don't care how Iraq ends up. Short term fix for what? Beats me; even I'm not that evil. I know, it doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't they be interested in setting up a US puppet government? But if that's what they're trying to do, why didn't they have one or two meetings (at least) before the war to discuss how things would go over? I just can't make heads or tails of it.

Then I got to thinking, maybe the Bush Administration is in al Qaeda's pocket. Or something like that. Seriously, because they seem hell bent on destroying this country. Massive debt looming thanks to shitty domestic and shitty foreign policy, coupled with an entire world pissed off at us. And you know what? This is just quiet time. With as bad as things are now, this is probably just the calm before the storm.

No comments: