Thursday, November 06, 2003

Okay, you know what I'm fucking sick and tired of? This goddamn fucking Powerpoint mentality that we have nowadays. This stupid mindset where everything has to have a bunch of stupid animations and bright flashing colors. Fuck content, my site is made entirely in Flash!

Fuck flash sites. I can't stand sitting there waiting for what I know is going to be total shit to load. And it's not just because I'm on dialup, although it is extra irritating. However, Flash-based sites pissed me off whenever I had broadband, and will continue to piss me off when I have it again. Some amusing stuff has been done with Flash, but I am going to punch Flash-only sites in the face.

Another area ripe with egregious offenses of this type are of course Powerpoint presentations themselves. Once again, pretty colors and neat-o transitions are added to compensate for a presentation completely devoid of anything useful. Get some balls and make some fucking slides that are actually meaningful.

Does this mean that my class or work presentations are full of good content which informs my audience? FUCK NO. But my goddamn presentations live and die on their own (lack of) merit, just like any shitty website I've put together. I'm not embarrassed to show off my shit, and I won't try and distract my audience from said shit.

No comments: