Thursday, December 11, 2003

A few people brought up Hillary Clinton in comments on my rant about that cunt Laura Bush. I was just gonna respond with a comment of my own, but decided to bust out a full-on post instead.

Being the bleeding ass liberal that I am, I'm sure it won't come as a surprise to many that I'm a Hillary fan. I just like the Clintons in general because, no matter what you think about them, you've gotta give them credit for being fucking smart. Yeah, smart in an evil sort of way, which they put to use for their own personal gain. Sure, they might kill a person or two to get what they want, but I don't really see them starting a poorly justified war over it. So they're not evil in a Cheney, Wolfowitz, or Asscroft kind of way.

One commenter, who Identified himself only as "George" (who spoke with such eloquence that I thought he might be G. Dubya himself), brought up the whole Lewinsky affair, saying that Hillary just "took it quietly." The Lewinsky affair shows just how clever Hillary is. She had her husband cheat on her and humiliate her, and somehow she STILL managed to come out looking even better, partly by brushing the affair aside by saying things like "He's a hard dog to keep on the porch."

That's not just clever. That's fucking shrewd.

As if it needs to be said, that whole Lewinsky affair was fucking overblown (no pun intended... no, really, that just came naturally... and again, no pun intended... anyway...). Was Bill an asshole for cheating on his wife? Yeah. There's really no denying that. But did that make him unfit to be President? Well, no. It's not like other presidents haven't done a ton of the same shit. That was a witch hunt, plain and simple, with a bit of American prudishness thrown in for good measure.

The only thing that really pissed me off about the whole affair is that Clinton actually let himself get caught. The guy's smarter than that.

Also, to get all up in arms about marital infidelity with the Clintons is really just taking a sub-kindergarten view of things. I have no idea what Bill and Hillary's relationship is like, but it seems like they definitely have some sort of special arrangement going on. My guess is that in the end, as long as they both have power, influence, and money, they're fine with whatever goes down.

The only one I really feel sorry for is Chelsea. For all the shit she's had to endure, the whole Lewinsky affair just made it worse. She's going to have to deal with that shit for the rest of her life. But she's gonna be making six figures if not more for the rest of that life, so fuck it. Sympathy off.

Yeah, Hillary has got some balls. Probably literally, too. But that's fine by me; I wouldn't mind a tough man/woman as president. And make no mistake, once Hillary figures out that she can win, she will be president. I know that's gonna have lots of people turning in their graves, even people who aren't dead yet, but I'm looking forward to it. If nothing else, it will be entertaining.

No comments: