Thursday, December 11, 2003

Nader, fucking knock it off.

Despite my liberal leanings, I am not a Democrat. I would love to see a third-party candidate get elected president. Now is not the time for that debate, however.

Priority one is defeating Bush. Everything else is secondary in this next election. Nader, this is not the time to be playing on principle. We need to be practical. You are not going to win.

I didn't particularly care for the Democratic tactic of "a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush" back in 2000. While that may have been true in some sense, Nader is correct in saying that Gore beat himself. Gore, having been part of the popular Clinton administration (popular being relative to the times, of course), should have run away with that election, but he fucked up. Big time.

This isn't the time for that debate, either. The 2000 election is in the past. We have too much at stake right now, and this country is too sharply divided. Any votes for a third-party candidate very likely could determine the outcome of the election. Anybody who wants Bush out of there has to see this, and know that potentially taking anything away from the Democratic ticket could be disastrous.

I really fucking hate that I'm in the position where I'm saying shit like this. Like I said, I think a third-party President would be an interesting thing. I hate Bush so fucking much, and want to see him and the rest if his cocksucking crew gone so badly, that I just can't cut us the slack for luxuries like trying for something "interesting" in this next election.

No comments: