Friday, December 19, 2003

While we're on the subject of guys, here's another company I'm sick of hearing ads for. Again, the ads aren't that annoying, but the concept is. There's a chain of hair cutting places called "Sport Clips" or something like that. The idea here is that they have sports and shit on TV for guys to watch while they get their hair cut.

Guys, can you not pull yourself away from the game for 30 minutes to get your fuckin' hair cut? If nothing else, schedule your goddamn haircut around the important games. Jesus.

You see, this is why I just can't get into "guy culture." You know, the sports watching, beer swilling, ugly Coors twins ogling guys.

Yes, I just got through a rant on Major League Baseball. Yes, I had subscriptions to Maxim and FHM for a long time. The thing is, all that shit was fun for awhile. It was fun to get really invested in sports. Maxim was a cool magazine. But then we turned 7.

Like usual, I'm being a hypocritical, elitist asshole, but it's not like that isn't expected. I've got my pursuits that many would consider stupid and pointless, like, oh, collecting toys. But at least I don't need my haircutting place to be selling me toys while I'm getting my bloody hair cut.

Besides, it's not like CostCutters is going to sell me quality import toys, anyway.

No comments: