Friday, January 30, 2004

Mad points go out to Jared for picking up on both a Lewis Black reference as well as a Chris Rock reference yesterday. Further points for linking one of my favorite Penny Arcade strips, which I think of any time the old XBox controllers or Halo are brought up in conversation.

I'm sure others have picked up on my tendency to quote comedians or other sources without giving a reference. Believe it or not, it isn't because I'm a plagiarizing asshole who's trying to take credit for someone else's jokes. Usually. No, the issue there is that I basically write this 'blog as if I were talking to ETP. We both have this annoying tendency to quote shit, and since we've spent so much bloody time together over the years we're easily able to pick up one another's references without having to cite any sources. Looks like Jared is on top of things - he could totally hang with us and have no trouble communicating effectively. Now, whether or not he'd hang with us is a different matter altogether.

For the rest of you who can pick up on at least some of my myriad references, you're probably in good shape. The rest of you are on your own.

No comments: