Monday, January 19, 2004

There's one site hit that I continually get which kind of amuses me. Every so often, I get a hit from someone who did a Google search for "bitter little man." I know it's the same person every time, too, because of the domain name that shows up in my Sitemeter log. For some reason, this person just cannot bring themselves to just bookmark this site. Furthermore, they must be too embarrassed by coming here to even memorize my URL, or they're terrified that (just like with a bookmark) the web browser's address bar will trap and store my URL for the world to see.

I'm actually not saying this to be an asshole; I'm just glad that this person as well as other people come here to read this nonsense, regardless of how they get here. It's just that this is one of the more interesting patterns of visitation that I've seen.

Speaking of visitor patterns, it's really fucked up (to me, at least) that I can recognize patterns. It's fucked up because that means that I'm getting some consistency of hits which actually allows me to see patterns. I can tell when some people are bored at work, or when they're bored at home. I even realized when ETP had changed his working schedule because the time his work domain started showing up in my log each day changed from evenings to early afternoons.

Clearly, this shows that I have too much time on my hands. However, I can take some comfort in knowing that I'm not alone.

No comments: