Sunday, February 15, 2004

For anyone who's dealt with engineers, you know that we like to speak using as many acronyms as possible. We are all about the TLA (three-letter acronym) and the occasional ETLA (extended three-letter acronym). The problem is, I oftentimes tend to override my inherent tendency to use acronyms 'cause I think to myself "Are people gonna know what the fuck I'm talking about? Even regulars might not remember what the hell this is." As such, I have to go through the arduous task of writing out the whole fucking thing.

Since verbosity is not something we've come to know here at Fe, we simply cannot go on like this. As such, I've created a new guide to the acronyms I use. I'll try and go with a policy of expanding an acronym the first time I use it, then add it to the list, which is now in the links off to the side. After that initial explanation, you're on your own.

I know what you're thinking this is: more work. Look, this is as much for me as it is for... me. Still, just deal with it. If you'd just learn to memorize my acronyms, then you can almost think of it as being in on some private joke if that makes you feel special.

No comments: