Sunday, February 15, 2004

Wow, I didn't know that "wop" is an acronym

Speaking of being denigrating towards your fellow man, I found the following linked over at Naked Furniture: The Racial Slur Database.

Some people seriously have way too much time on their hands. This coming from me. You've gotta give credit to anyone who's a big enough asshole to put together something like that and then make their tagline "Helping make the world a better place."

I'm not proud to say it, but if you can somehow decouple the hatred and ignorance from a lot of those slurs, they do sound funny. I know, I know, it's not cool to use any of them, and even though I've done a poor job of showing it, I'm not a big fan of racism. What they mean and represent most definitely isn't funny, but we all know that the line between "funny" and "inappropriate" has pretty much been erased here at Fe.

I think what's more amusing in a really sick way is how we spend all this time coming up with ways to make fun of one another and treat each other like shit. Man, is humanity great or what? Seriously, things would probably be better without us.

Since I've fully established myself as a racist asshole, let's pick on Italians some more:

"Yeah, and what do I get if I give you your balls back, you WOP cocksucker?"
- Bud White, LA Confidential

"I'm looking for a nigger named John Shaft."
"Yeah, well you've found him... WOP."
- Dialogue from Shaft

No comments: