Sunday, March 14, 2004

I'm tellin' you, that standardized testing bullshit just needs to be scrapped entirely. And I can say this for certain based on one data point: me. Seriously, though, can we afford to even take the risk of producing more of me? I didn't think so.

Okay, it's clearly not just one data point. I mean, just go ask anyone who's been through standardized testing. Travel the country and ask people how big of an impact the Iowas or the SATs or some other worthless test had on their lives. And of course, that only speaks to the uselessness of standardized tests. It doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how dangerous these tests become when entire curriculums are geared towards teaching the test. That's such an ugly situation that it leads you to not just think inside the box, but to actually become the fuckin' box itself.

"I've heard the president say any number of times that we want to respect the states."

That... Would be really funny if it didn't fucking piss me off so much. Yeah, Bush is all for states' rights, unless if they want to do something like let gays marry.

No comments: