Thursday, April 15, 2004

Al Gore won a million dollars?

Okay, okay, cheap joke. Beacause that's a new feature here. It's extra cheap because I never seriously give Gore shit for this "invented the Internet" bullshit. I don't know what the original context was, but some descriptions of it suggest what I've always figured: Al Gore doesn't think he invented the Internet. I never thought or actually claimed that; something he said had to have been taken out of context. I just couldn't see Al Gore ever saying something like that. I mean, the guy's stupid (cough*distancinghimselffromClinton*cough), but he's not fucking stupid.

If nothing else, I have to give him credit for a joke he once made on the whole affair: "Everyone gives me flak for saying I invented the Internet, but you never hear anyone giving Strom Thurmond a hard time when he says he invented the wheel." If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Al Gore is fucking funny. People just don't get him. He needs to forget about politics (a comedy show in and of itself) and start up his own stand-up tour. In fact, he could open for Bill Clinton, who will also be on tour after he cuts his album, Slick WIllie Style.

No comments: