Sunday, April 11, 2004

Jesus fucking CHRIST is Ninja Gaiden hard. The Penny Arcade guys weren't fucking kidding or even exaggerating. I mean, Jesus. Shit. Fuck!

I've been complaining for a long times that games have turned to total shit. I'm no hardcore gamer, but I've put in my hours. It seems that virtually nothing has that intangible "it" that older games had. You know, the "it" that has us playing a fifteen-year-old 8-bit game that we've played a hundred times all over again because it's still fun. I partly blamed the advent of shit like 3D. The focus seemed to be on the look of a game, and not the enjoyment of the game. Things weren't getting better, they were just getting better looking.

Ninja Gaiden has me swearing, yelling, and punching furniture. Worse than normal. It's got me so fuckin' pissed after only two levels that I'm ready to find a sword and start running my own ninja missions just to avenge what this game is putting me through. It doesn't help that I just naturally kind of suck at games, but for once I know it's not just me. Fuck you, Team Ninja, for producing yet another great game. That's right; don't mistake the anger for disapproval. I'm - dare I say it - having fun. This is a solid fucking game.

It is also very pretty.

No comments: