Friday, June 18, 2004

More happy news. A few things.

I don't understand why people actually go work over in the Mid East. Okay, well, actually I do. Some people over there do it because they're getting paid more for it due to the inherent danger involved. Some people, I would imagine, actually are there with a genuine desire to help others. I'm not saying that any of these people "had/have it coming" (okay, well, maybe some of them), but there's really no surprise when it happens.

In the end, I don't feel too much sympathy for the "victims," since they know up front what they're getting themsevles into. Plus, once they die, at least the ordeal is over for them. Harsh but true, unless potentially if that whole "Heaven/Hell" thing is true, which, let's face it, it probably isn't. The ones I do feel some sympathy for are the families, since for them, the ordeal is just beginning. They now have to deal with what their loved once decided to put them through. So yeah, sympathy there, except for people like Daniel Pearl's wife, who's just a money-grubbing bitch.

Whenever this shit goes down, the inevitable string of token lines and bullshit posturing is sure to begin. Nonsense like "We will not be intimidated" and declaring it an "action of barbarism." Barbarism? I dunno, beheading someone sounds pretty civilized to me. Of course it's fucking barbaric. But what good does it do to say that every fucking time? Everyone keeps acting as if continually repeating those lines is going to somehow shame these people into stopping what they're doing. "Hey, everyone, the Infidels' prison bitch said that beheading that guy was an 'action of barbarism.' That makes me feel really bad. We should knock it off. No more of this jihad shit, okay?"

No comments: