Thursday, June 10, 2004

There is no wrong hole

I've spent a bunch of time over the past few days perusing this site about the U.S.S. Enterprise. No, this isn't some stupid Star Trek bullshit; it's about the aircraft carrier that served in WWII.

I've got kind of a passing interest in naval history and technology, and I'm pretty sure it's not entirely Trek bourne. And it has nothing to do with sailor schoolgirls, either; I'm smart enough to know that I'm not going to find any of that action there.

Even though I'm a liberal and of course hate the military, the navy is just kinda neat to me. I think part of it is that they get both ships AND planes. I've always hoped that when they finally do find a way to draft me and get me killed that they could at least make me an officer and put me on a ship somewhere. Basically, I just want to wear a cool-looking uniform and tell people my rank and ship, but I don't wanna have to actually do work or die or anything because of, you know, that whole "coward" thing. Which, of course, is why the only way I'm going into the military will be kicking and screaming. Well, that or doing what I'm told and then bitching about it with my friends.

I'll spare you any "seaman" or "rear admiral" jokes just because it's all too easy and even more played-out than most of the shit you normally find here.

No comments: