Thursday, July 29, 2004

I kept hearing this ad tonight for Napster. In it, some kid bemoans that "My girlfriend keeps saying that I'm too... Analog." And to that I say: Fuck you! Analog is where it's at!

Upon going to Napster's site, all I can think of is, man, what a sad state of affairs this is. Remember when Napster used to be about freedom and choice and being a rebel, and now it costs fuckin' money and shit?

Instead of going off on the whole P2P debate, I'm just going to be ultra-lazy and link an old post which I've re-linked before since it still pretty much sums up how I feel.

Well, I will add this: the recording industry's efforts have probably been decently successful. Naziistic tactics often are. Shit, I won't download music or movies off of P2P networks since I'm fucking paranoid, so they've got me beat. Of course, they didn't need to beat me since, like I said, I'm a weirdo fundamentalist. ETP knows where I'm at -- we both like having the "official" release with liner notes and shit since we're obsessive compulsives. But, of course, that's us.

No comments: