Monday, July 05, 2004

So it is (or was) Fourth of July weekend. Whoopee shit. The spoiled child has a birthday. We all know how much everyone likes being witness to that. I really didn't give a shit, though, but at least today's my day off, dooode!

I nearly got roped into watching a bullshit pretentious French film this weekend called Irreversible. It contains a nine-minute anal rape scene. Yeah, happy.

Fortunately, I was saved from this movie by another film, Sex is Zero. This movie was also total bullshit, but it was designed as such and turned out to be rather amusing. I'm not going to do any sort of in-depth review of either movie, however, since ETP has already done a much better review than I could have put together.

Oh, I will add this about Irreversible: hey, look, I don't know how to hold the camera properly! I'm cool French filmmaker guy!

As a side note, this once again brings to light why the Iraq war anti-French thing pisses me off. We already had plenty of reasons to hate and ridicule the French, and now I feel like I can't do any of that shit without looking like I'm just following the bullshit Freedom Fries bandwagon. Not that it'll stop me, but it still pisses me off. You already know I hate everyone, but it's all wasted if you don't know why I hate.

Oh, and I will add this to the discussion of Sex is Zero: the lead actress, Ha Ji-Won, is just unnecessarily hot. Yes, I've been out looking for pictures. The only decent gallery I've found has been on this site. A Google image search also turns up a handful of pics, but not a whole lot.

No comments: