Monday, August 30, 2004

Yup, like we've been saying. I know it's a lot to ask for and probably won't happen, but for Christ's sake, America: don't fall for this stupid bullshit. If America really is hard-right then so be it (although I don't think we are), but don't give these guys a pass just because they put on a dog-and-pony show of moderation when they're really not.

Fuck. This convention could make or break the election. It could also do next to nothing like the DNC did for the left. But they're going into the convention with Swift Boat-fueled momentum, and those crafty Republican motherfuckers can put on a show like no one else. I'll be the first to stand up and say that, yeah, I'm more than a little bit nervous about this week. Of course, I'm always nervous about everything, but that oftentimes actually helps me get my shit in gear to get things done. I just hope that Kerry and the rest of us on the left realize what a long, hard next couple of months this is going to be and act accordingly.

But, of course, you can hope all you want in one hand and shit in the other, and see which gets filled up first.

No comments: