Sunday, November 21, 2004

Okay, so I'm a pretty big Linux fan. Well, maybe not today, since I spent a bunch of fucking time installing shit so that Mozilla could play streaming Windows Media (via mplayer-plugin), but at least the fucking thing works. Still, in addition to getting fed up with my OS of choice from time to time, I also get pretty goddamn sick of the Linux and Open Source communities in general. "Oh, look at me, I'm so much cooler and smarter than everyone else because I use Linux!" "Open Source is better just because I think it is!" "Microsoft sucks!" You know, stupid mindless shit like that coming from 15-year-old boys who spend all their time locked in the computer lab. Not that there's, you know, anything wrong with that. Hey, screw that, yes there is -- when I was 15, I spent a decent amount of time playing with computers, but I was also out stalking girls who'd never want to have anything to do with me. I was a nerd, but I was cool. Well, no I wasn't.

Anyway, what the fuck was I going to talk about before yet another unnecessary flashback? Oh yeah, the mindless love of Linux can turn out decently amusing sometimes, like with this product. I need to check out that site some more, but so far I've also found this, which is pretty funny.

No comments: