Saturday, November 20, 2004

You know, it just never really occurred to me that maybe the whole Monday Night Football thing really might be about race. I feel kinda like the South Park boys in that episode about the South Park flag, which depicted a bunch of white people hanging a black person. Throughout the episode, they boys don't see what the big deal is about the flag, and people like Chef are all pissed off at them. But then it's realized that the boys don't see the problem not because they're racist, but because they aren't racist. They were colorblind and couldn't even bring race into the equation. Anyway, I'm probably not explaining it very well, but for those who saw the episode you'll know what the fuck I'm babbling about.

So yeah, in addition to the fact that it just never occurred to me to make it a race issue since that's just not how I think, I'm also pretty stupid. But if that's really what it's about, it makes sense. And what I said before still stands -- everyone else is a fucking moron. I may not be clued in, but at least I'm not bent out of shape over what should be a non-issue. Whatever the hell the issue (or issues) might be.

No comments: