Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Because if you have to do it, it's, just... Life's not worth living.

I used to read BBspot pretty regularly, but as time went on I stopped keeping up as it got less and less funny (luckily Fe is immune to this fate). Back in the day, it had some really good stuff, like the Slashdot/Stile Project SiteBlender (scroll down a bit to get to the explanation and link to "Stiledot"). That was quite possibly the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen. I was dying for I don't know how many minutes straight, with ETP and the future BOETP out in the living room of our Boulder apartment, probably having no clue as to what was going on (and not asking since we weren't exactly speaking at that point, but I digress).

Anyway, I do check BBspot every now and then, and there's always something amusing there, but it's just not like it used to be. I was disappointed to go there and find out that an almost regular feature, a comic called Fuzzy Logic, is no more. It didn't come as a real surprise since it started like three years ago and comics were few and far between (sometimes with months-long gaps between strips). I don't know if this was a planned conclusion or if the guy finally just said "fuck it" (and I'm not patient enough to go through the guy's news archives to find out), but it still sucks. Anyway, if you're looking for something that may or may not be fairly amusing to you, has a decent archive, and that you will not have to make a long-term running commitment to since it's done, I'd recommend checking it out (the beginning of the strip is at the bottom of the page I linked).

While we're at it, this here is one of my all-time favorite humor articles which I originally read at BBspot (although I'm pretty sure it actually belongs to the also-defunct SatireWire (also having an archive worth checking out)). Now that I've linked that and coupled it with this sentence, I'm free to make future jokes about what a world-renowned asshole Larry Ellison is for those unfamiliar with the prick without having to explain any jokes. Which, of course, I hate doing.

No comments: