Saturday, February 12, 2005

This is another thing I've gotten sick and tired of. Look, is it irresponsible to put out products like fatty foods and cigarettes? I suppose you could make that case. But at this point, even someone who's completely fucking retarded knows what things are bad for them. Hey, I know McDonald's isn't healthy for me. That's one of the reasons I rarely eat there or at other fast food joints. Sometimes, though? I want something that tastes good (and yeah, sometimes that greasy slop does have its appeal). I'm willing to make that tradeoff, and I know that I'm making a tradeoff. I like how that shit tastes, and when I do make the rare choice, I want to be able to enjoy that taste without having it compromised because some fuck decided he needed deserved to get paid.

It's pretty much this same mentality that leads to me not giving a shit about tobacco companies. Yes, they make a product that's bad for us. But we know this. It's no longer the 1950s where they can get away with making people think it's good for us. The same goes for fast food and so many other things we do that are deleterious to our health.

If you don't want to face the potential consequences of something, stay the fuck away from it -- claiming ignorance of the facts is no longer an option because we're constantly bombarded with the facts. If you smoke, and you do it long enough, you're going to get cancer and die, or probably face some other negative health effects. If you eat enough fast food without mixing in some moderation or exercise, your health is going to suffer. At this point, with as much as we know about this shit, I have no sympathy for you if you get fucked up, and, in fact, I'm kinda hoping that you do end up sick and/or dead.

No comments: