Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Yeah, pretty much. It's really frightening to me that 'blogs continue to be taken more and more seriously. Like with ABC declaring 'bloggers the "People of the Year." I don't know if any of you know this about me, but I write a 'blog. It's really shitty. One of the nice things about 'blogging is that I can say whatever the fuck I want without having to do any kind of research if I'm not up for it. Real journalism sounds like a lot of hard work, and that really doesn't appeal to me when I'm too busy making jokes about 13-year-olds. Also, I really can't be held accountable if I'm wrong about something. That's pretty neat. If there's some kind of 'blogger code of ethics or a peer review panel of some sort aimed at keeping a certain level of quality then sure as hell don't sign me up for any of that jazz.

Yes, I know that the news media doesn't value a lot of this stuff nowadays, either, but it's not like we need to make it any worse than it already is. Going along those lines, when the joke of a news media declares 'blogs legitimate it is this odd circular/incestuous kind of thing that as such should be rendered irrelevant, but it isn't. And yeah, I know, not all 'blogs are as shitty as mine. Many of them are actually even worse, like that crapfest on seeds. But at least that one isn't trying to make some kind of pseudo-intellectual point like a lot of us cock knockers. In the end, even a "serious" 'blogger is still just that -- a 'blogger. They're not journalists, because 'blogging is a forum that allows one to skirt all of the things that give true journalists a sense of integrity. Again, I'm not saying that there's much if any of that integrity out there, but there's no sense burning the whole fucking place down just because no one is home.

No comments: