Saturday, August 13, 2005

I was taking a piss the other day and I was thinking to myself, with the wars aside, are we back to where we were before September 11th? We're not worried about terrorist strikes here at home (but we're guarding those UK-related sites, just in case!) and we're so wrapped up in stupid crap (you'll notice that shark attacks are big once again, just like pre-9/11) that Osama could be ready to put his cock in any one of our asses and we wouldn't know until it was too late, or a commercial. I'm not sure why this came to mind at that particular time, but it does seem appropriate. Anyway, with things like this, we're that much closer. On one hand it's like, yup, we're complacent again. On the other hand it's like, good, that shit is a waste of time. You can make people take their shoes off until you're blue in the balls, but when the terrorists decide to strike again they'll find ways around whatever ineffective measures you have in place.

... only passengers who set off metal detectors, are flagged by a computer screening system or look "reasonably suspicious" would be asked to do so...

Well, I know that things like "look reasonably suspicious" won't lead to any problems. I like Bill Maher's idea, in that we need a Secret Service for the airports. A group of highly trained professionals who are good at watching people and being able to pick the one or two out of the crowd and say "that fucker's trouble." Of course, that's gonna cost money, and considering the quality of people that they're willing to pay for, we know the chances of anyone fronting the jack for that kind security are nil.

"The process is designed to stimulate creative thinking and challenge conventional beliefs."

No, it's about cutting back the number of complaints that you people have to deal with, so just cop to it and let's all move on. It would be nice if we really did get some creative thinking, though, but again, that'll cost 'ya. Some common sense would be nice, and theoretically not that costly. I mean, really, there are tons and tons of people who you just know won't do anything. Like me, for instance. Being the brick shithouse that I am, they should just know that I'm not going to hurt anyone. I know, I know... "Not if they saw your 'blog, BLM." Look, I may be angry (and believe me, I have so much to be angry about, being able to fly around town in that car of mine and whatnot), but crashing a plane into a building or just plain blowing it up doesn't accomplish any goals of mine. Especially not with ME ON IT.

No comments: