Friday, July 10, 2009

Fatty fatty bo batty

OK, this is just sad. Alright, alright, there is one positive thing, but let's at least get that out of the way first.

They found that weight misperception tended to decrease among women -- meaning women with normal BMI who were surveyed in 1999-2004 were less likely to say that they're "overweight" than women with normal BMI in 1988-1994, especially among 17 to 19-year-olds.

That's definitely news to me, as I have spent way too much time over the years listening to girls unnecessarily bitch about their weight. But if it's true, that's good. Of course...

Rather, it is the relative increase in weight of the general population that makes people with normal BMI feel more normal, she said.

So it's the old adage that a group of friends has to have one fat friend to make all the rest feel better. Now, all the women out there have a world of fatass friends to make them feel better about themselves, which is how they should have felt in the first place.

Anyway, this whole notion of changing the size labels is just retarded and only works on retarded people, which is to say damn near everyone. You know, I remember shopping for some slacks several years back. These pants, my normal waist size, were fitting pretty loose. And at first I was like, whoa, have I actually slimmed down a bit? Then I realized what it meant when it said that they had an "individual fit" waistband or some shit. See, that initially made me think that the waistband had some elasticity to it (without being all-out elastic waistband fat people pants), but upon playing with these pants I found this to not be the case. I soon realized that "individual fit" meant that these size 30 pants were actually a size 32. These pants were true fatass Docker pants.

Being mildly retarded, I was only confused for a short amount of time. However, most other people, being completely retarded, will actually think that they can drop several sizes without doing shit. This is yet another reason why I hate everyone. See, for those not already aware, I am a small person, but my midsection could still use some work. And when I look down and see something I'm not happy with, I leave myself two choices: eat better and exercise, or shut the fuck up. I wish everyone else could do the same; preferably option A because I am sick of looking at fat people.