Saturday, December 27, 2003

We watched The Transporter tonight, or as I'm gonna refer to it from here on out, Extreme Driving Miss Daisy. As a quick note, there's one minor spoiler in this super-mini review, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're really fretting over this film, you need to get out more. And this is coming from me.

I remember when this film was out in theaters, I didn't really have any impetus to go see it. I think I was turned off by the idea since I just kept asking "Where's Scotty?"

In the end, though, it actually wasn't a bad film. A stupid action flick for sure, but nonetheless entertaining with some humorous moments to keep it afloat. A bunch of shit that went down was completely implausible, although nowhere near the levels of Face/Off, which was a fun film despite every moment being filled with total horseshit impossibility. Just since it's required, there's a minimum of romance sex in this movie. Despite being so contrived, the "love story" part of the film was still more believable than that atrocity between Cardboard Anakin and Natalie Portman in Attack of the Clones.

The lead actress was pretty hot, even though we didn't get to see her kick too much ass. Still, she did kill her father, which is hard as nuts. For the hell of it, I'm going to throw in this pic. Jason's got the right idea.

Also, as another spoiler, the good guy wins.

All in all, I'd call it an hour and a half not completely wasted.

No comments: