Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Daniel Pearl's wife on line one

Hey, I'm really sorry about your daughter and all, but fuck you people. Hey, I'm the last one to defend Wal-Mart (just ask ETP when he wants to go look for a cheap copy of Shaft, which we're not going to do), but they did do their fucking job on this. What, it's their fault the girl lied when she purchased the gun? I know, I know -- they should have checked their own records. What do you expect, for someone to actually go the extra mile on something? Especially when they're getting minimum wage? Shit, I've known people making well over an average salary who spent time bitching "Hey, that's not part of my job," so good luck getting fuckers at Wal-Mart to do it. Bottom line is, if they don't have to do it, they won't.

Look, no one should ever have to suffer through something as awful as this, unless of course if they really, really deserve it. I'm pretty sure we've been over this before, but just because something awful has happened to you doesn't mean that you're automatically entitled to get paid. When I see stuff like this, I don't know if it's wrought out of greed or just wanting to try and have to keep from facing a harsh reality or both. Both of which are perfectly understandable, by the way, but that doesn't make it any less shitty.

This story here is representative of quite possibly our biggest talent nowadays in this country: turning a tragedy into an even bigger travesty.

No comments: