Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Hey, Rick Berman, can you hear me? Or shall I turn it up?

While we're talking Trek, I was reading this the other day, and I became infuriated. This is a non-issue. It was settled in the Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribbleations." In that episode, they digitally inserted DSN actors into the Classic Trek episode "The Trouble With Tribbles." For those who don't know and/or don't care, that Classic episode involved the Klingons, and one of the DSN characters was Worf, a "modern" Klingon. In the episode, someone (I think it was Chief O'Brien) asks Worf why the Klingons there look different from him. Worf simply responds in his characteristic tone by saying "We do not speak of it." And that's it! They resolve the issue by completely ignoring the issue! It was fucking brilliant, and Enterprise, in all it's non-brilliance, has to go and fuck with that. Those fucking pieces of shit.

No comments: