Saturday, July 12, 2008

plz tel me u iz not postin bout dis

I don't know why I find lolcats so funny but I do. In fact, I don't need to know why it's funny, I just need to know that it's funny. Dumb, but entertaining. I go back and forth between laughing:

cat


And "awwwwwwwwwwwww":

cat


Quite possibly even better is that someone has taken this meme (I fucking hate that word and am ashamed I used it) and turned it into a programming language. No, that's not a typo. How the fuck could you make a typo like that anyway? Get off my ass.

Seriously, this is fucking hilarious. Here's the ubiquitous "Hello World":

HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD!"
KTHXBYE


Mix in some file I/O:

HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
PLZ OPEN FILE "LOLCATS.TXT"?
     AWSUM THX
          VISIBLE FILE
     O NOES
          INVISIBLE "ERROR!"
KTHXBYE


And of course we gotta be able to do basic flow control:

HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
I HAS A VAR
IM IN YR LOOP
     UP VAR!!1
     IZ VAR BIGGER THAN 10? KTHX
     VISIBLE VAR
IM OUTTA YR LOOP
KTHXBYE


If you have read this far, and you are not a dork, you don't need to know why this is funny, you just need to know that it's funny. KTHXBYE

No comments: