Saturday, July 16, 2005

March of the dumbfucks, Pt. 2

Okay, so there was one more part about "Only" that I completely forgot to rip on. I know it's pretty fucking weak that I A) forgot and B) still felt the need to get this out here, but fuck it (I said "butt fuck"). If Trent -- the real Trent -- could release "March of the Pigs" as a two-part single then I think I can get away with this. Just think of it as Halo 2 in my series of reviews as to why Trent Reznor eats balls now.

Here's the verse in question:

There is no you
There is only me
There is no you
There is only me
There is no FUCKING you
There is only me
There is no FUCKING you
There is only me


I know, it's poignant. What really stands out, though, is when Trent starts screaming the word "fucking." There is absolutely no life in it. It's like he put that in there just out of obligation. "You know, I haven't screamed fuck yet. I should do that." It's so completely empty -- even emptier than it used to be. And you know what? Trent isn't even getting any enjoyment out of using the F word.

I just made this post up, to hurt myself.

No comments: