Monday, October 06, 2003

I saw a train wreck this weekend. The train wreck was entitled Sailor Moon Live Action. Yes, that's right. The Japanese have made a live-action version of the anime. If you've seen any Sailor Moon, you can at least appreciate the fact that some things are just going to be goofy when translating the show into live action.

We watched a "raw" version of the first episode, which is elitist anime fuck speak for un-subtitled, un-dubbed. All Japanese, so we had no idea as to what the hell they were saying, but it didn't matter. We didn't really care, and it was much more fun to just make up our own commentary and dialogue. I totally think we need to come up with our own subtitles for it, or make it into some kind of drinking game. Unlike some people I can name, I don't know enough about the Sailor Moon anime series to make any such endeavor truly amusing or worthwhile, though.

The thing that really pisses me off is that I'm going to watch more of this. For one, it's just pretty fucking funny. Second, they've gotten some cute actresses for the show, and the next episode appears as if it's going to focus around one of these hotties who wears glasses. I am a total sucker for an attractive woman who wears glasses, so those bastards have succeeded in making me want to watch at least one more episode.

No comments: