Friday, January 23, 2004

Here's one thing I'm sick and fucking tired of seeing the media do: asking people questions when they have a clear bias.

I was watching C-Span after the debate last night and they were running local news coverage. The reporters kept talking to people who worked for the various campaigns. What the fuck is the point of that? What the hell is someone working for Joe Lieberman going to say about their boss? "Yeah, you know, I really didn't think Joe looked too good out there. He was all over the map, and he once again failed to present any sort of clear vision. I'm embarrassed to be working for him." I mean, the candidate could whip it out and go to town on stage and all his campaign workers would still be singing his praises in interviews afterwards.

Now, it's not just shitty local New England newscasts that are guilty of this kind of thing; everyone does it. And I want them all to stop wasting everyone's time by asking people questions that we already know the answers to.

No comments: