Monday, February 02, 2004

Hey, look! An article on WMD. Because we haven't bitched about that today.

How the hell did everyone fuck this up? How is it that everyone had bad intelligence? It's probably not because of any sort of political pressure.

At first glance, it may seem hypocritical of me to be criticizing the administration for thinking there were banned weapons in Iraq only to find out that there were none when, in fact, I believed the exact same thing. Since hypocrisy is nothing new for me, we can just say "fuck that" to that line of discussion, and instead rationalize it away. Yes, I even agreed with the administration on the existence of WMD (but not the imminent growing threat), only to be proven wrong. But I'm not in fucking charge of anything. Which, let's face it, is probably best for everyone.

No comments: