Friday, April 16, 2004

I was just looking through my list of drafts, and realized there are a couple I should just clear out of there. There really isn't much in the "drafts" folder, seeing as how I rarely use it because I pretty much post everything I think about posting nearly right away. Which explains nearly 2,000 posts and the total lack of quality here. Still, let's try and get those few down to even fewer.

First up is this story from, oh, three-and-a-half months ago. I think that's a pretty fucked up scam right there; proposing to someone as you're (potentially) dying. I mean, what the hell is this woman going to do? Say no? It's evil, but it's pretty brilliant. As we all know, I respect evil genius even if I don't agree with it (see: TB). Assuming you survive, of course.

Another random thing fits in with the McDonald's rant, because it's another ad campaign that pissed me off. I don't know if they're still doing it, but at least a couple of months back Ford was running ads for the new F-150. The thing that pissed me off about those ads was that they said "Only this truck earned the right to be the next F-150." Oh yeah? Well no fucking shit, assholes. Of course it got to be the next F-150. It was DESIGNED to be the next F-150. I don't know what automotive R&D is like, but I doubt they had several teams working on different designs and then at the end they had a multi-way cage match to determine the next White Trashmobile. Furthermore, it's not like the Silverado or the Ram were in competition to be the next F-150. Fuck you, Ford, and while we're at it, fuck Toby Keith.

Okay, nice to get that out of the way on what's shaping up to be another Random Bullshit Friday. Only distinguishable from every other day since it's, well, Friday.

No comments: