Friday, April 16, 2004

Anyone who doesn't see the humor or at least the sarcasm in this post needs a beating

I find this campaign sadly amusing. The fact that we're so fucked up as a society that we feel the need to tell young boys that you're not supposed to beat women. I never had to be taught any of this shit, I just kinda knew it was something I shouldn't do. Okay, okay, that didn't stop me from hitting my little stepsister when we were younger, but trust me - she was asking for it. Childhood bullshit aside, I know better, and I suspect most guys do as well. The sad fact of the matter is that all too many guys don't get it and they end up on the domestic violence route.

Seriously though, how hard is it to figure out that you shouldn't be some psycho DV perp? No, if you're going to beat your women, you need to learn to do it in moderation. If you get lucky, maybe you'll get some of that Stockholm Syndrome thing going on.

And now, for your amusement, some domestic violence jokes:

"Everyone'll give you a reason to fuck them up. Shit, there's a good reason to push an old man down the stairs. Just don't do it"
- Chris Rock

"So I'm sittin' in a bar, and I see this woman. And I say to myself, 'Why not go bug the shit out of her.' So I'm walkin' over there - I'm wearing clogs - and I notice she's got a black eye, a shiner. And I'm thinking, 'Great, she doesn't listen.'"
- Dave Attel

"So we go back to her place, and we end up having sex doggy style. Hey, I didn't plan it that way, that's just how she ended up passing out."
- Dave's corollary to the above joke

"Just wait until you come down tomorrow morning and see all of our abused plants."
- ETP to BOETP after a little spat

No comments: