Sunday, November 16, 2003

Okay, so I promise, I am not going to turn this 'blog into an online journal. Not that there's anything wrong with doing that; that works just fine for some people. I just think that my life is so utterly lame-ass (not to be confused with someone's trademark Lame-Ass Parties) that no one could really give a fuck about it. Yeah, I suppose some of my anecdotes may be kind of amusing, but I don't want it to be nothing but those anecdotes.

So, instead, let's continue the theme of doing nothing but complaining about Bush. Here is yet another instance of what I think is unnecessary bullshitting.

Look, I know that we hung out in Japan and Germany long after WWII. In fact, we're still hanging out there. So I know that any sort of occupation is going to leave us with a military presence for quite awhile. I'm not happy that we're at this point, but I understand the reality of things. So why this bullshit now that we're going to stay in Iraq and Afghanistan until the "job is done," which includes finding Saddam and Osama? This just sounds like a cheap tactic to justify what's going to be a long-term military commitment no matter what.

It's just more bullshit to try and pacify the ignorant American people. And you know what? It's nothing but 1984-style doubletalk, too. We're going to pull out of there real soon now, but we're going to be there for awhile.

Like I've said before, just own up to your shit, okay? If we're going to be there for awhile because we just plain fucking have to be, just fucking say it. I know - not gonna happen. But just like that ultra-cool bride, I can dream. And that's about it.

No comments: