Friday, August 20, 2004

The PussyStick Chronicles: Day 2

Yes, day two. Not day one, since fucking AudBlog decided to wait about a day before getting that post up. I'm just waiting until I have some kind of emergency and AudBlog is the only number I can dial. I'll be fucked, and it'll be all their fault.

The temporary rig is an Audi A4 2.8, equipped with the already mentioned PussyStick. It's a couple of years old, but decently nice. My guess is that the turbocharged version with a real manual transmission would be kinda fun. Either way, we'll do what we can to abuse the PussyStick.

The shittiest thing about it, other than being a complete fraud of a transmission, is that you don't actually have total control. Even when you're in PussyStick mode, the car still automatically controls when shifting out of first takes place. So I can't get full power out of that gear because you can be sure that the automatic control won't let you hit the red-line (which is kinda low anyway).

Still, as I mentioned, it is sadly still nicer than my trusty Civic, PussyStick and all. But once I can get myself something new, it's real manual all the way.

No comments: