Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Comments are (obviously) back. Of course, now I'm nervous about this shit happening again. I hope no one experienced any problems, and I would hate for people to experience problems in the future (besides the normal suffering that goes with reading this shit) or feel nervous using comments at all.

I'm thinking about switching systems yet again, but that's gonna suck, because I don't know how easy (if even possible) it would be to migrate already existing comments. Also, since BlogSpeak is run by a guy who's doing this on his own time, and when he switched servers a few weeks back, I donated a little to help out the effort. It wasn't a ton, of course, but I did chip in something, so I'd hate to ditch the system now. I'm always looking for free shit, so the one time I pay something, I'd like to get some use out of it. Of course, just because I switch doesn't mean that there won't always be potential issues, since there is no practical 100% safe point when it comes to computer security.

Another thing I've been toying with is setting up a message board. Again, I'm only gonna give money if I think it's worthwhile (namely, like someone doing it as a hobby), so I'm looking for something cheap, it not free. Anyone out there know of any free message board hosting, or had any good experiences with setting up their own message boards?

No comments: