Monday, September 29, 2003

I'm still buying ADV Monthly, despite the fact that Megami kicks the ass out of it (and indeed, kicks the ass out of everything in print media ever). Despite the anime focus of the magazine, the September issue proved useful for just about anything but anime. Okay, except for the shitty fan art, which is still my favorite part.

This month introduced me to some cute Japanese pop stars. Why must you tempt me with your plaid skirts and knee-high socks?!

Next, and something everyone may enjoy, is a video series called Kung Faux. Old kung foo films cut down to 30-minute installments, with voice work re-done by hip-hop artists and skateboarders, with video game and comic shit thrown in for good measure. I haven't looked at any clips yet thanks to fucking dialup, but will check those out within a day or two at work.

No comments: