Saturday, October 18, 2003

So it looks like my other little 'blog project is already fucked. I was hosting all of the images over at Angelfire, and I found out when trying to log in to upload some more stuff that the account had been disabled. Of course, they don't tell me why it has been disabled, but I can guess why.

Until I find an answer, there are only a few things I can see as to why this happened. First off is that they don't want people using the service as just a file repository, which of course is what I was doing. If this is the case, all I needed to do was make like one token HTML page and things would have been fine. I've been using an Angelfire account to host shit for this 'blog, but there is one web page I put together at one point to link to images for a Standard article I was ripping on. But what the fuck? That account has been there for only a couple of days. How the fuck would they know that I'm not planning on setting some shit up? I obviously wasn't, but they didn't fucking know. And so they just cut shit off right away? If this is the case, what a bunch of fucking crap.

The second reason is that they won't host certain sites is because they refuse to be host to adult content or pr0n. They define this as anything with nudity or any sexually explicit content. Well, pictures of young girls in school uniforms is naughty, but there is no nudity and certainly nothing sexually explicit.

In their terms of service they say that you cannot "Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that exploits the images of children under 18 years of age, or that discloses personally identifying information belonging to children under 18 years of age." Okay, so some (but not all) of these girls are actual high school age, meaning under 18. And I'm sure some people would argue that images like these are exploitative. But is this any worse than a 17-year-old Britney Spears being paraded around in her "Hit me" video in, what else, a schoolgirl outfit? Or how about the fucking Olsen twins? Whether or not you think all of this is exploitation, I'm sure there are plenty of pics of all that shit on Lycos/Angelfire/Tripod pages. Oh, and then there's the fact that I found tons of sailor schoolgirl pics on a Tripod site.

Oh yeah, then there's the fact that I entered my name as "John Shaft," which they're probably going to pick up on. But fuck them, they don't need my real name.

My guess is that it's either the false info stuff or the file repository stuff. Still, I'm not sure if I even wanna find out what brought this on. At this point, I'm just waiting for my IP to be tracked, the warrants to be issued, and the cops to haul me away.

No comments: