Monday, September 01, 2003

So Danny over at The Ides is confused as to whether or not I'm Wil Wheaton. Just to make sure there's no confusion, either now or in the future, I will make a statement. Kinda like my first press release, only lame and no one's listening. Anyway, here it is: I am NOT Wil Wheaton. I never have been will Wheaton, and I suspect that I never will be. But oh, how I wish that I could.

Seriously, Wil Wheaton kicks ass. I discovered this way back when he was on Next Gen. QVC (you know, the home shopping channel) used to run specials where they sold all sorts of Trek merchandise. Well, one night, they had Wil as a guest. I'm sure he'd rather not be remembered so much for a QVC appearance, but it can't be helped - this was when I found out that Wil Wheaton is a cool guy.

"Wil Wheaton? QVC? This is just more of your sarcastic bullshit, isn't it?" Honestly, I am not being sarcastic or trying to be an asshole. For once.

Anyway, it was from this QVC appearance that I saw Wil Wheaton was a smart, funny guy who was actually somewhat down to earth. He says he was an asshole back when he was on TV, but I could see that he was a good guy even then. I remember him talking about when he found out he got the Next Gen role, and he was like "I was totally stoked... I'm going to be on Star Trek!" And you could tell that he was excited to be on Next Gen, and that he was one of us - a geek. It was pretty much thanks to seeing him on TV that one time that led me to be totally stoked when I discovered his 'blog.

So anyway, yeah, that's my lame Wil Wheaton story. I'm not Wil Wheaton, I've never met him, but he may have checked out my 'blog when I placed an ad on his site, and that's about as good as life gets for me.

No comments: