Saturday, September 13, 2003

Even though I'm trying to make sure things stay political around here, that doesn't mean that the random shit and mindless drivel is going away. Let's get back to that, shall we?

Before we go further, I'm not sure if I went as ad hominem as I could have in that last post. Just to make sure, I'll add this to the discussion:

Maggie Gallagher is a fat, ugly, stupid cunt.

Phew, it feels good to get that out of the way. Now, moving on.

You know what's fucked up? I order something and have it sent via UPS, and it takes 4 days to get here. However, I have something sent to me from the same people, only by regular postal service. For some reason, that only takes 3 days, even though UPS is presumably more expensive.

So anyway, what did I receive in the mail yesterday? The first disc of the Full Metal Panic soundtrack, which I've listened to about 34 times so far. What can I say, I like it. Good soundtrack, good show. Some people don't care for the action and robot fighting, but I like it. It just adds to all the other great things in the show. Sure, the high school comedy stuff is still the best part, but I find it even more amusing placed in the context of all the serious fighting and shit. The show has action, adventure, comedy, chicks and romance - what more can you ask for?

The second season/series is good stuff as well. Definitlely "mindless entertainment," which is also fine by me. So far, I've watched two episodes. Er, depending on how you want to number them, so maybe you'd call it the first three... I'm just going to refer to each download as an "installment" from here on out. Since the focus is on the high school stuff, one thing lacking so far from the first two installments is the Captain. I really hope they find a way to work her in, because I have so totally fallen for her in the first series.

No comments: