Friday, September 12, 2003

So, I managed to make it through September 11th once again with the TV only on once. Well, once if you don't count my playing Dead or Alive: Xtreme Barbie Doll Dressup or watching anime. Those, of course, don't count, since I was pretty sure there weren't going to be any hollow September 11th tributes.

For some reason, the only time regular TV has been on these past two years has not been of my choosing, and both years it's been ESPN. That's about as good as it gets; they still have their bullshit September 11th stuff, but it's not as bad (I suspect) as what's going on to get ratings on the other channels.

Like I said, it's not like I'm trying to avoid thinking about that mess, but I'm just going to get even more pissed off if I see any "tribute" designed only for political and/or monetary gain. For me, the best way I could think of going through September 11th was to just do what I would normally do. That's not any sort of a tribute, obviously, but it's better than trying to manipulate people's emotions to get those ad or campaign dollars up.

While we're on the subject of assholes taking advantage of September 11th, here's Krugman's take on the Administration with regards to September 11th.

No comments: