Monday, September 08, 2003

Okay, so I've been mulling over my abstinence post from earlier, and realized a couple of things.

I sort of undercut my points about low self-esteem when I said I'd make it a goal to sleep with teenage girls (again, all within legal bounds) if it were actually a realizable goal. Ending up with me, whether I was their age or my age now, would most definitely leave them with feelings of low self-worth. Then again, I suppose that supports another point I made - it doesn't always work out well, but that's one of the risks. Plus, it's not like I'm going to have the opportunity to lower the self worth of anyone younger, my age, or older, so it remains a non-issue.

The other thing I realized is that if these kids are stupid enough to buy into this abstinence bullshit, then we really are better with them not having sex. This feeds into my desire to see some people remain chaste to keep stupid people from having children. Hell, maybe I'll start my own abstinence campaign, the "People stupid enough to listen" campaign. Yeah, maybe. But I still hate this collective sense of dirtiness and wrongness, a lot of which, again, stems from when we're younger and fed a bunch of nonsense.

No comments: