Saturday, September 13, 2003

You know what pisses me off? The fact that, despite all these years, people don't fucking understand how eBay works. No, I mean how it really works. You know what I mean: how none of the bidding matters for most items, because it all comes, literally, to the last second of the auction. That's when people bid like mad and the winner is determined. Obviously, the winner is determined at the very end; that's the nature of auctions. If you've ever lost an item at the last possible second to some fucking prick, though, you know what I mean.

So why the fuck do people bother bidding before the last 10 seconds of the auction anyway? I can understand if you're not going to be able to be online right when the auction closes, and slow connections and such can be an issue. You just put in your highest bid at the last time available to you, then pray. That's what I had to do with the Gadgetmobile, except I didn't pray. I know that not even Joe Pesci can help me when it comes to winning on eBay - it's all luck as to what assholes you're up against.

Anyway, yeah, if you can be there at auction's end, there is no fucking point in bidding before the end. You're just fucking everybody, you asshole! Including yourself! Bidding beforehand does nothing but drive up the final price for the winner, who may be you. Do us all a favor and knock it the fuck off, will 'ya? Quit being so damn stupid. Unless, of course, if you're just trying to drive the price up on purpose because you know you're not going to win against some bastard who you get the feeling has set an unreasonable max bid. In that case, when you are driving it up on purpose like I do sometimes, you are just an asshole.

No comments: